A majority of you might think that seafood should be enjoyed in coastal cities. However, in this article, I will reveal a very beautiful restaurant to enjoy fresh seafood and it is located in the center of Saigon.
A unique seafood restaurant in Saigon
Seafood in Be Vang restaurant is always of high quality because they are alive and stored in aquariums before being ordered by customers.
Although the aquariums are inside the restaurant, the interior design and atmosphere are very clean and quite luxurious.
The food in the restaurant is diverse and the menu offers many options. Although Be Vang restaurant is famous for fresh and unique seafood, you can also enjoy beef, chicken and lamb in case you are allergic to seafood. Please also notice that the price in Be Vang restaurant is a little bit high by local standards, but the quality of the food is wonderful. The total price of my dinner was 3,500,000 VND (about $160) for 5 people. Now, let’s see what I had enjoyed in my dinner.
One of the dishes that I enjoyed was “Sea cucumber with mushroom sauce”. Some of you might not know about this marine animal and neither did I before ordering it. This is a photo of sea cucumber that I just found on the Internet.
And this is a “Sea cucumber with mushroom sauce” dish in my dinner.
This dish tastes very good and it is not too hard to eat. If you have not tried this food before, you can try it in this restaurant because sea cucumber and keep in mind that it is thought to have medicinal values.
The second dish was “Scallops baked with vermicelli and scallion”. This was the best food in my dinner! Its taste is really delicious. This is a recommended dish in the restaurant. However, because there are several types of scallop, in order to make sure that you order the right one, you should order it in Vietnamese by “sò mai hấp miến”.
The next food was “Deep fried baby lobsters with Hong Kong style”. The lobsters were quite small therefore it was called “baby lobsters”. Because it was deep fried, you can actually eat the shell cover without peeling it away.
We also ordered a dish of “Blood cockles cooked with garlic”. In fact, you can eat blood cockles at many street shellfish vendors in Ho Chi Minh City. However, the blood cockles in Be Vang restaurant are 3 or 4 times bigger than the normal ones and they are considered as “King” blood cockles. If you wish to relish premium seafood, Be Vang restaurant is a perfect destination.
Finally, we enjoyed a dish of “Special Australian grilled beef”. The beef was cooked medium rare and I love to eat beef like this.
How to go to Be Vang restaurant?
The restaurant address is 261 – 263 An Duong Vuong street, Ward 3, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City. The restaurant is very near to Ben Thanh Market with only 3.5 kilometers distance from one point to the other. You can visit Be Vang restaurant from Ben Thanh Market by taxi which only takes you about 10 to 15 minutes depending on traffic conditions. The price that you need pay for the taxi should be from 60,000 VND to 70,000 VND.
Because this restaurant aims to local people, here are some takeaways that might be useful for foreign visitors.
- Vietnamese people prefer to eat medium rare blood cockles. Therefore, if you cannot eat medium rare blood cockles, you can ask the waiters to make your dish medium well-done.
- Because of the huge size of blood cockles, you should ask the waitresses to open the shells for you.
- If you want to order the best seafood, you can order it at the aquarium areas and you can choose any alive marine animals that you like.
- Seafood availability will depend on seasonal conditions. Therefore, “King” of blood cockles are not always available. However, in case there are no blood cockles, another shellfish you can replace them with can be “King” of clams (the food that I tried in a previous visit).
- The restaurant customers are mainly families and groups. Therefore, it can be quite noisy in rush hours (from 6pm to 9pm). If you prefer to enjoy good food in a private area, you should ask to sit in VIP room. In case you would like to eat as a local Vietnamese would, you can join the vibrant atmosphere in main halls.
And finally, I wish you have a great time in Be Vang restaurant. Bye 🙂